At Body Matters London we offer permanent to semi permanent methods of hair removal such as Electolysis, IPL and Epil Pro, however many prefer the ease and convenience of a quick wax without wanting to engage in a controlled program of hair removal. Waxing is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to remove excess hair. So whether you would like a Bikini wax aBrazillian or a Full body wax, you will be cared for with one of our highly trained therapists.
The type of wax we use is the warm Wax method
Here the wax is spread thinly over the area to be treated. A paper strip is then placed over the wax, pressed firmly and swiped against the direction of the hair growth. This removes the wax and the hair from the root. The advantage of a warm wax is that the heat can make the process comfortable as it dilates the pores so the hairs can be removed with less resistance. You can decide on the size of the area you want to wax from the miniscule such as an upper lip to the whole body.
Your skin will be temporarily sensitised after waxing. These recommendations should be followed for 24 hours or until the skin returns to normal
- Don’t use perfumed lotions, soaps scrubs or make up on the area.
- Avoid tight or restrictive clothing.
- Don’t not preceed waxing with any other heat treatment including hot baths.
- Avoid exposing the area to UVA light either direct sunlight or sunbeds.
- Avoid touching or scratching the area.
- Avoid talcum powder, anti perspirant or deodrants of any kind.
- Do not apply specialised afterwax lotion or antiseptic cream regularly to the area to soothe and maintain hygiene.